15 Bean Soup Recipe that's
great all year round.
"A 15 Bean Soup Recipe that's Flavorful & Nutritious".
It's great for large amounts of people like at party's. You can bet you wont be taking home any leftovers.
This mixed bean soup with hambones or chopped ham has a great flavor that's not too salty and is good all year round, in the scorching sun or in a stormy blizzard.
You can make this bean soup in a good crockpot if you desire or you can cook them on the stove-top.
Now, If you want you can add thing's to this soup like carrots or potatoes to make your own mixed bean soup.
- (1 lb) bag of 15 bean soup mix
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15-30 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 c chopped ham or a 1 lb ham hock with hambones
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dill
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 c Homemade Chicken Stock
- 5 cups water
Cooking this 15 Bean Soup Recipe.
Before you do any cooking you want to make sure that you have soaked your beans.
A pressure cooker can drastically reduce the cooking time of the beans if you have one as well.
- Put the beans in a large pot and add 4 cups of water. Simmer on medium high heat for 45 minutes. Stir Occasionally. Skim the top with a spoon to remove the foam once in awhile. If at anytime the water gets too low add another cup of water.
- Put 1 cup of water and 4 cups of broth in another large pot or stock pot, add 2 cups chopped ham or a 1 lb ham hock that has the bone ( if you don't have any ham you can use a pound of bacon or sausage for your soup ) and simmer on medium high heat for 30 minutes.
- In a large frying pan add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and heat it up on medium heat.
- While the oil is heating up put 2 celery stalks, 1 red onion, 1/4 cup fresh parsley and 3 garlic cloves in a food processor and chop them up. Don't Puree it!
- Then add the mix to the frying pan and add 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon dill, and 1 teaspoon dried thyme and fry it up for 4 minutes. Stirring Occasionally.
- Now add the contents of the frying pan and the can of tomatoes to the pot with the ham and broth in it, stir it well and continue simmering.
- After simmering the ham and broth for 30 minutes pour it into the pot with the beans. If your using a ham hock remove the ham hock and pick the pieces of ham off that you want to add to the soup discarding the fatty pieces , add what you want to keep into the beans and then add the broth to the beans and simmer for 30 minutes.
Voila, it's finished. Now eat a bowl full or 2 and enjoy your new 15 bean soup recipe.
Similar Soup Recipes
Smoked Ham and Bean Soup
Ham and Navy Bean Soup
More Soup Recipes To Try
Navy Bean and Bacon Soup Recipe
Lima Bean and Bacon Soup Recipe
Great Northern Bean and Bacon Soup Recipe
Return to Bean Soup Recipes from
this 15 Bean Soup Recipe
Return to Home Page
Comment on this 15 Bean Soup Recipe
Do you have A GREAT idea or comment about this recipe?
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...