Chicken and Potato Soup Recipe
This Chicken and Potato Soup Recipe uses tender chicken breast, yukon gold potatoes, heavy cream, green onions and carrots.
A delicious and a simple recipe for potato soup that's creamy and satisfying to the nose and tongue.
Learn how to make potato soup easy and quick, like this one, every time you make potato soup.
4 Yukon Gold Potatoes
2 Celery Stalk, Chopped
3 Carrots, Chopped
3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
3 Cooked Chicken Breasts
2 TBS. Dried Parsley
1 ½ C. Heavy Cream
¼ C. All Purpose Flour
3 C. Chicken Stock
¼ C. Green Onions
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. White Pepper
¼ C. Cold Water
2 TBS. Olive Oil
Preparing this Simple Chicken
and Potato Soup Recipe.
1. Mince 3 garlic cloves and enough green onions to make a ¼ of a cup and set aside.
2. Chop 3 carrots, 2 celery stalks and put them aside for a later use.
3. Peel and cut 4 Yukon Gold Potatoes into 1 to 1 ½ inch cubes and put them in a bowl with cold water.
4. Cut 3 cooked chicken breasts in 1 inch long strips and set them off to the side on a plate or in a bowl.
Cooking this Simple
Potato Soup Recipe.
1. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large pot and turn the heat on medium high.
2. Add ¼ cup minced green onions, three minced garlic cloves, three chicken breasts cut into strips and four Yukon Gold Potatoes cut into one inch cubes. Saute for 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Now add three cups cold chicken stock and stir well.
4. Turn the burner on high.
5. Add the carrots, parsley, celery, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium.
6. Simmer on medium heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. In a bowl mix ¼ cup flour and ¼ of cold water until smooth.
8. Add the flour mixture and the heavy cream to the soup and stir frequently, simmer for 15 minutes then take a bite of the chicken and potato soup recipe.
Top of Page
More Potato Soup Recipes
Return to Homepage from this
Chicken and Potato Soup Recipe.