Creamy Potato Soup Recipe
green onion, thyme, carrots
This Creamy potato soup recipe is thickened by a light roux, using butter and flour.
Making a creamy soup with a roux can be heart warming in the bitter cold time of the year.
The ingredients in this recipe creates a delicate and comforting soup to enjoy after a hard cold day at work.
3 Chopped Green Onions
(Green Part Only)
3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
4 1/2 C. Chicken Stock
1 1/2 tsp. Dried Thyme
2 TBS. Chopped Fresh Parsley
4 TBS. Butter
3 TBS. Flour
2 tsp. Kosher Salt
2 tsp. White Pepper
3 Sliced Carrots
2 1/2 Lb. Cubed Potatoes
1. First we will start with the roux. Add 4 Tablespoons of butter or margarine to a large pot and melt the butter on medium low. Now add 3 tablespoons of All-Purpose flour and mix it well with a wooden spoon. Keep stirring constantly for about 5 minutes.
Doing this will cook out the raw taste of the flour and in return give you a base thickener for your soup.
2. Add 4 1/2 cups chicken stock and stir the the roux and stock together to create a nice creamy base. Turn heat up to medium.
3. Add the carrots, garlic, potatoes, thyme, parsley and 2/3 of the green onions and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Stir in 2 teaspoons of kosher salt and 2 teaspoons of white pepper. Simmer for 5 more minutes.
5. Serve and garnish with the rest of the chopped green onions.
Looking for a different Creamy Potato Soup Recipe with Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, leek, onions, heavy cream, and homemade chicken stock.
Find another popular Creamy Potato Soup Recipe or checkout all the Potato Soup Recipes that we have to offer.
Go to Savory Soup Recipes Homepage.
Have A Great Comment, Recipe or Idea About This Topic?
Do you have a great comment or idea about this?
Share it with us!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...