Easy Homemade Chicken Soup Recipe
Made Easy and Fast
This Homemade Chicken Soup Recipe is easy and fast. It is a great soup to sooth a cold caused by the cold winter weather.
- 4 lb. Whole Chicken or A Rotisserie Chicken Carcass
- water to cover
- 2 TBS. Freshly Chopped Parsley
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, halved
- 1 Corn on the Cob
- 4 Carrots, diced
- 4 Stalks Celery, diced
- 2 Heads Garlic, minced
- 1 TBS. Vegetable Oil
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Directions for a very
Tasteful and Easy
Homemade Chicken Soup Recipe.
1. In a large stock pot, heat up 1 TBS. of vegetable oil.
2. Add garlic, onion and parsley. Saute a few minutes until the garlic turns translucent, do not burn the garlic.
3. Now cut the chicken in half, place the two halves and the corn on the cob in the pot and add enough cold water to cover the chicken by 1 inch. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover for 30 minutes.
4. Remove the 2 chicken halves and the corn from the pot and place them in a large bowl and refrigerate them.
5. Remove the onion halves and discard.
6. Add the carrots, celery, salt and pepper. Cover and Simmer for 10 minutes.
7. In the meantime, slice the corn off of the cob and add it to the soup.
8. Pick off the pieces of the chicken that you would like to add back to the soup and place them in a bowl. Everything else can be discarded.
9. Add the chicken back to the soup, stir well and test a carrot. If and when the carrots are done the soup will be ready.
Similar Soup Recipes
Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe- This homemade chicken noodle soup recipe is delicious and a great soup to come home to after work. Simmering away, filling your house full of great aromas.
Chicken Stock Recipe- A Rich chicken Stock for the very best tasting soup recipes.
Go to Homepage from this Homemade Chicken Soup Recipe.